Nov 8  |  Amping up…

Posted by , November 8th, 2012 at 4:03PM

The Workshop has been humming along the past few weeks and getting ready for the bi-annual shop visit of Mike DeSalvo. While Mike generally makes the trip up from Ashland for various reasons, when he comes to Vanilla it generally means one thing… it’s Speedvagen time! We’re getting our ducks in a row and getting ready for marathon sessions of welding… so if anyone has any great music suggestions (albums folks, cause changing songs every three minutes is counterproductive) or favorite long long podcasts, send them our way. We’ll be burning the midnight oil here for a bit.

1. Lots and lots of Jack Johnson.

Comment by Wams — November 8, 2012 @ 10:50 pm

2. Meddle and/or Animals by P. Floyd. Sweet jams on those albums.

Comment by Logan — November 9, 2012 @ 11:44 am

3. Kool Keith!

Comment by tiny — November 10, 2012 @ 8:50 am

4. Dude I can see my tube, I can already feel that silky smooth Speedvagen ride. Dream come true. Gonna post you some more SAFA music – Zebra and Giraffe

Comment by Jakes — November 10, 2012 @ 9:00 am

5. The Complete Led Zeppelin Collection – this will keep you going for hours on end…

Electric Ladyland – The Jimi Hendrix Experience, not much else to be said!

Nige.

Comment by nige — November 11, 2012 @ 8:31 am

6. Give Florence and the Machine a listen. ‘Ceremonials’ is the latest album.

Or any ‘Gene’ album, especially ‘Drawn to the Deep End’

If I knew how to send them to you…..I would.

Comment by russell — November 12, 2012 @ 1:01 pm

7. If my memory serves me right, you guys seem to lean towards the mellower end of the musical spectrum. If that is the the case, maybe some David Gates or something like Bread. It is really old school. Also being the regular album length and pacing, it makes it easier to listen to. Cheers!

Comment by Jay — November 12, 2012 @ 8:18 pm

8. Anything Jack White and his big three!

Comment by Chris Tuckey — November 15, 2012 @ 10:22 pm