May 17  |  A Different Kind of Stainless Steel

Posted by , May 17th, 2012 at 7:12AM

Sometimes, on the best days, bike racing is a thing of true beauty.  Sometimes it’s all nerves and excitement.  At its worst, it’s still generally a great opportunity to see all of your best friends.

And sometimes…

It’s just a big shit sandwich.

Looks like the work of “My first stitches! Educational Surgical Set (Ages 5 and up)”

Hook plate and mystery staples

Old removed hardware.  Might make cool jewelry?

My new Speedvagen is sitting patiently in my kitchen, casting its neon yellow glow upon everything it sees.  I suppose it’ll just have to get really well acquainted with my trainer before it sees real roads.

Stay safe out there, friends.

XOXO,

The Tiniest Sprinter

1. Lets see a picture of that new bike you can’t ride. Saw some glimpses. Let’s see her in her full beauty.

Comment by Scott Hopkins — May 17, 2012 @ 1:26 pm

2. I’m working on it, I promise! The paint is so bright that all of the shots I’ve tried to take thus far come out looking like crud. I need to brush up on my iphone camera skillz.

Comment by The Tiniest Sprinter — May 17, 2012 @ 3:05 pm

3. I feel you pain brother… I’m currently harbouring two plates, eight screws and a pin in my right arm/elbow, following a road bike crash. Four weeks post-op and I’m getting a tad sh#*ty with the world, not being able to ride my bike. We’re just heading into winter here in Australia and my 2010 SVCX is just begging me to ride it. The wind trainer just aint cutting the mustard!!

Comment by Russell — May 17, 2012 @ 3:13 pm

4. Gutted, we were looking forward to seeing the new rig, almost as much as you were looking forward to riding it. Here’s to fast healing dude.

Comment by Vincenzo — May 18, 2012 @ 3:19 pm

5. I think that a piece of that removed hardware would look good attached to the headtube of a bike. REMOVE, REUSE, RECYCLE!

Comment by Carl — May 27, 2012 @ 5:41 pm

6. Feel for you dude. Good luck on the healing. I broke my collarbone into three separate pieces. Being young and broke at the time the doctors bandaged me up and refused surgery. Then three later I fractured it again. Awesome!…Not. Now, none of my shirts or jerseys hang straight. In the end…stitching is better than bitching. Good luck!

Comment by Jay — May 30, 2012 @ 8:09 pm