Aug 20  |  Thursday in the shop

Posted by , August 20th, 2010 at 1:23AM

Coolhand out the door!

This is a one-off paint scheme, which is not really what Speedvagen is all about, but sometimes we need to try out new ideas and this is part of that process.Thankfully I have gracious customers, who’ll put their trust in me and let me loose with their bike and their money, (too crass?).

The bare frameset was sold recently though the velocipedesalon (thanks Vsalon!) and the new owner (let’s call him Mr. Awesome), who also happens to have a rad SV SM cross bike on order, allowed me to try some stuff out on this new frame. Much of the graphic layout (shapes, not colors) is consistent with what we did on the Road SM’s. The main change is that I wanted to visually fill out the empty space on the top of the DT and the bottom of the TT, plus I wanted some of the graphic colors to carry onto the seattube between the BB and the TT, rather than having a big blank space.

A snippet from an earlier  email exchange with Mr. Awesome:

Mr. A- “Sacha, Based on the photos, in my opinion, that may be one of the nicest SV’s ever”

Me- “I agree”

Check the gallery below for the full spread.

1. OMG! Thats super hot!

Comment by Andy — August 20, 2010 @ 5:06 am

2. [...] [...]

Pingback by Speedvagen Race Bikes — August 20, 2010 @ 6:56 am

3. very nice!

Comment by tyler — August 20, 2010 @ 7:39 am

4. Always taking it another level with paint schemes….beautiful.

Comment by RayA — August 20, 2010 @ 8:05 am

5. “Mr. Awesome, meet Mr. Fabulous, Mr Fabulous, Mr Awesome.”

Comment by crankles — August 20, 2010 @ 9:15 am

6. I love it, and wouldn’t change anything. Build will be full SRAM Red build kit, Toupe saddle, Speedplay pedals, SRAM Red Quarq crank, Edge Carbon bars and a Ritchey WCS 4 axis (wide) stem, with a stem mounted Joule 2. Wheels for this winter are a mostly destickered set of Mavic Cosmic Carbone clinchers.

Comment by Coolhand — August 20, 2010 @ 10:44 am

7. excuse me Mr Awesome: Are SV’s good bikes?

Comment by mtymxdh — August 20, 2010 @ 11:16 am

8. Very nice new paint ideas and cool mix of known colors – congrats to the pain shop!!

Comment by Axel — August 20, 2010 @ 11:48 am

9. Coolhand….please post a pic when this is completely built. Pleeease…

Comment by RayA — August 20, 2010 @ 12:20 pm

10. Can I have one?

Comment by Chris — August 20, 2010 @ 12:28 pm

11. Sure thing.

Comment by Eric Fletcher — August 20, 2010 @ 4:54 pm

12. Really beautiful Sacha, absolutely love it. (but i love my new surprise me more!)

Comment by Miket — August 20, 2010 @ 5:46 pm

13. Ughh. That one hurts. If I bring my SV road in, can you do that to it?

Comment by RGL — August 20, 2010 @ 5:59 pm

14. Looks very smooth!!!

Comment by Stuart Jeffreys — August 21, 2010 @ 1:45 am

15. 2011 Roadvagen option please…..

Comment by nige — August 23, 2010 @ 1:46 pm

16. I’m with nige…..pleeeeeeeease!

Comment by RayA — August 24, 2010 @ 12:33 pm

17. Sacha,
    that is the sexiest bike I’ve ever seen. period.

Comment by Jim Medeiros — August 25, 2010 @ 4:53 pm

18. Jim Medeiros? That’s a name I haven’t seen in a LONG time… Blade Servers, Ziatech, and such… An eternity in the tech industry… Yet, classic artisan finishes and quality workmanship never goes out of style… Glad to see we share a similar appreciation for Sacha’s work.

Comment by Jonathan Puskas — October 20, 2010 @ 7:11 am