Aug 18  |  Fifteen, Fourteen, Thirteen, Twelve

Posted by , August 18th, 2010 at 1:56AM

Here’s your bulk countdown update:

The pain(t) shop has been killing it and as of right now they are on track to meet the deadline.

Carbon Post heads are in (hallelujah). They’re prepped, primed and half have color on them.

Celerys are done, minus the forks. Army is in process/Waiting on clear….

An SV road one off for E.F. aka Coolhand: certified Speedvagen Junky. You get certified by buying 2 SV’s within a couple of weeks of eachother.

Base color

Under the downtube

masked DT adjuster. Half lighter blue, half less-lighter blue

CS Graphic

E.F.’s Road Machine is cleared now and ready to go out the door. For the record, I likes!

Got 44mm (big) headtube stock from True Temper for the Track and a handful of Dario inspired monster tubed Road machines┬áthat we’re using the Chris King’s InSet on.

A couple of sample went to Chris King’s engineering dept for them to use while prototyping a special Stainless “InSet” that we’ll be using on the Track and Road Machines. Going with stainless allows us to use less material in the HS cup, making the press in portion a size that’s compatible with an 1 3/4″ tube, rather than having a proprietary tube made. Standard is good when you’re talking about pressing in bearing races.

Once all is ok’d at King, the raw tube stock goes to the laser cutter to have the Speedvagen logo relieved. Maybe I’ll get video of that. A 5 axis laser cutter? Cool.

Getting ready to release the Vanilla All Stars wood print series. Crap Photo Sneeek peek:

Oh and the thumbnail photo for this post may or may not be a hint at the 2010 CX SM’s

XOXO,

1. It looks so good! Can’t wait.

Comment by Coolhand — August 18, 2010 @ 5:33 am

2. A MEGA POST, killllling it!

Comment by DEFLUX — August 18, 2010 @ 6:11 am

3. gold beegee’s kit is what life is all about.

Comment by Noel — August 18, 2010 @ 9:47 am

4. I am sooo the Bee Gees.

Comment by crankles — August 18, 2010 @ 10:04 am

5. Fit. To. Burst.

Comment by Dean — August 18, 2010 @ 11:39 am

6. gold sparkle would be neat.

Comment by tyler — August 18, 2010 @ 1:02 pm

7. You should be dancin’, yeah!

Comment by chr15 — August 18, 2010 @ 2:17 pm

8. So next year’s SM paint is metallic gold with chest hair sprinkled into the clear? Brilliant (and that’s not jive talkin’)!

Comment by mardax — August 18, 2010 @ 2:19 pm

9. ha ha. Usually it’s a mistake when we get pubes in the paint. This could be a good way to turn it into a feature…

Comment by Sacha — August 18, 2010 @ 2:36 pm

10. Pubelicious BeeGee paint jobs all round….just don’t put any on the headsets as that’s the only places the bros dont have any!!

Comment by russell — August 18, 2010 @ 4:26 pm

11. A chest wig and a lovely set of gnashers!

I get low and I get high,
    And if I can’t get either, I really try.
    Got the wings of heaven on my shoes;
    I’m a dancin’ man and I just can’t lose.

Comment by chr15 — August 19, 2010 @ 3:55 am

12. Man they were some furry dudes.

Comment by Dancin' Queen — August 19, 2010 @ 9:45 am

13. What are these monster tube Road Machines? Do I need to change next year’s order back to a road bike? BTW, the decoration on photos 8-11 is amazing. I shoulda doubled up this year.

Comment by Eric — August 19, 2010 @ 7:43 pm