Aug 31  |  End of August

Posted by , August 31st, 2010 at 11:14PM

Sacha what the F#&! is up with the countdown, right? Well I’ll tell you what’s up with the countdown. It’s the end of August and today was our deadline for shipping bikes. Did we make it? yes we did make it and every bike (save a couple of locals) shipped either yesterday, or today.

The bikes turned out spot on and beautiful. Props to Scott, Mike and Beans in the frame shop and Patrick, Glenn and Eric in the paint shop. I couldn’t be more proud as a boss.

Below are photos from the day including, A geared Cross Machine in army, a sample of the professional work that my long time photographer Bob Huff shot today, Mike and beans enjoying lunch, Scott finishing the build on a Creamy Celery and RL Picking up his new Cross frame… while riding his SV road.

What else happened today? It was the last day for deposits for the 2011 run of road machines. Did we sell all of the slots, you ask? Yes we did sell all of the slots, plus one or two. A huge thanks to those Speedvagen owners-to-be for jumping on board and supporting what we’re doing here. Among other things this 2011 road run will be my second chance at doing a  thorough Speedbloggen countdown (wink)

Anyhoo, I’ll be posting more photos of the SVCX2010 machines within the next week or so. You can also poke around on the web and find my personal 2010 Cross SM bike in the Edge booth at Eurobike, which starts Thursday I believe…

xoxo,

1. how to make pictures of cardboard boxes look artful………

Comment by nige — August 31, 2010 @ 11:29 pm

2. Looking forward to seeing my Surprise me!

Comment by Coolhand — September 1, 2010 @ 6:19 am

3. I am loving my 2010 SM road..oh those cross bikes look real nice.. what is the cut-off for 2011 crossvagens?

Comment by tyler — September 1, 2010 @ 7:14 am

4. It was a little clumbsy at first, but I got it done. All I can say is that people waiting for a SM are going to be VERY happy. RL

Comment by RGL — September 1, 2010 @ 8:37 am

5. I got home from the office today to find a UPS card on the doormat. They’d tried to deliver something, I was out so they left it with a neighbour. The neighbour was out when I called :(.

Could it be? Surely it can’t? Portland to UK in 1 to 2 days less time differences??? Can it?

Comment by chris tree — September 1, 2010 @ 2:37 pm

6. My box of bits here at the shop are bursting to get out…I’m putting aside a day in the workshop just to build my bike…the customers can wait for once

Comment by russell — September 1, 2010 @ 8:57 pm

7. [MacReady from The Thing] “You gotta be f#(&ing kidding me”

It’s here… counting down the hours to knocking off time! Oh baby!
    UPS rock.
    the Speedvagen guys do too!

Comment by chris tree — September 2, 2010 @ 6:09 am

8. got mine today– VERY pleased.

Comment by Coolhand — September 7, 2010 @ 1:22 pm

9. I got my SM cross frame and it looks great. The pictures from Eurobike don’t do it justice.

Is it to soon to post pictures of the fully built cross bikes?

Since, I’m in in the process of building my bike, I would love to see how everyone is spec-ing out these bikes.

Comment by Dangerdario — September 8, 2010 @ 4:36 am