Jun 4  |  Truthiness and trying not be that guy.

Posted by , June 4th, 2010 at 9:56AM

Its hard to blog about anything because nothing is better than just riding or finding stuff out for yourself. I would never try to review something for you because its all subjective and personal and frankly I much prefer folks figure out what they like for themselves and then say why.. because critical thinking is sexy and I’m nothing special. That being said, when a product keeps my eggs snug to my person and yet still allows my taint to feel connected to and in communication with the saddle, without feeling abused or sanded or like a petri dish… I gotta say something.
Because there’s been too many times that my balls have flipped to funny places (you ever sit on one of your own after a jump out of the saddle?) and too many times that I feel like I’m sitting on something like a baby’s head (too thick) or a wet paper tower (too porous).
What I am saying is: Rapha shorts are amazing. I love them. I gotta abstract and generalize that I think you will too. If you’re patient you can find them ten or twenty percent off… otherwise… spend the 210. Really. Plus, I’m still in recovery mode from surgery and feel like a fat pig and you know… they’re slimming… Especially at coffee. And they’re cut the right length in the legs and over the stomach. And the shoulders lay smooth. I could go on.

1. You like more than Capo??

Comment by Douglas — June 4, 2010 @ 11:34 am

2. Go on ….

I about ready to replace my first pair with two more. I guess they multiply in that way.

Comment by brandon — June 6, 2010 @ 12:22 pm

3. After reading all the hype, I decided to take the plunge a few weeks ago and ordered a pair. On recommendation of Rapha I downsized from my usual size L (Assos and Sugoi) to a Medium. I have worn them on three occasions and they are worth the 210$ compared to my expensive Assos. Sugoi’s are a bit cheaper for RS model, and still one of my go to shorts.

Comment by lawrence — June 6, 2010 @ 6:59 pm

4. Douglas, I have a deep love for Capo and Gary V… and their kit. You know, all this stuff is so subjective and personal… let’s just say all this week i’ve been wearing the Rapha shorts and hand washing them in the sink and alternating as one dries….. but the jersey’s have been Capo. The new longer cut on the sleeves is to die for. I think that the Rapha shorts are what shorts are supposed to feel like. *I dont have any bro connection to them. No bro-deals or hook-ups so its coming from an honest place… especially cuz I’m cheap.

Comment by Noel — June 11, 2010 @ 11:42 am

5. where are the BIKES? please show the BIKES.

Comment by andy a — June 11, 2010 @ 11:20 pm

6. Oh Andy!

Comment by Noel — June 12, 2010 @ 11:03 am

7. I had a ~4 year old pair of rapha bibs, the liner was crap and they have been retired, but the new liner is quite nice, i have a pair of the winter bibs and they were worn almost constantly from December – March.

Comment by tyler — June 14, 2010 @ 11:13 am

8. leg warmers in June?

Comment by Michael — June 15, 2010 @ 7:09 pm

9. picked up my SM SV today. it was sooooooooooooooooooooooo sooooooo soooooooooooooooooooooooooo worth the wait. you have no idea. i’m ruined. scott, sacha, mike and everyone i havent met at the Workshop, you killed it. this is a special, amazing creation, truly.

Comment by andy a — June 22, 2010 @ 10:26 pm

10. Yes Micheal, June Gloom happens!

Comment by Noel — June 22, 2010 @ 11:07 pm

11. Andy, send me pictures and I’ll post them….

Comment by Noel — June 22, 2010 @ 11:09 pm

12. My SM doesn’t show up until the 29th. I saw the spoiler photos, but in the spirit of respecting the “no-spoiler” rule, I suppose it would be good to wait until at least the 30th.

Comment by Eric — June 23, 2010 @ 9:28 am

13. Eric, you have nothing to fear here.

Comment by Noel — June 23, 2010 @ 10:57 am

14. I just noticed your Sidis. Would their color scheme happen to match/complement the 2010 Surprise Me? I’m trying to get all my accessories bag-matched before my SV arrives.

Comment by Eric — June 26, 2010 @ 8:33 am

15. eric, i would argue that it matches. but i’m also in a deeply anti-match phase. that’s just me, i’m weird. in a matchy-match phase i’d say.. hey.. those are the right shoes!

noel.