Apr 1  |  THURSDAY IN THE (paint) SHOP: red all over

Posted by , April 1st, 2010 at 11:53PM

Spent some time catching up with Coat and wanted to share some SV photos with y’all. Because each block of color, each stripe, each word and logo on the 2010 road Speedvagen is masked and painted on (think stencil), this paint scheme has a ton of masking….a test of skill and patience. Maybe we should change Coat’s name to “The Monastery”.  The Monastery… errr..Zen paint haus?.. Ok, that was just a first stab. Anyhoo Eric, Glenn and Patrick at COAT have been doing an awesome job. Huge thanks to those guys.

The details below include custom paint work on the DT hub shells*, masking the underside and non drive blade of a fork to receive panels and graphics, airbrush cleaning in action and a bunch process shots and shots of finished celery and red Speedvagen. Yes!

Hope all is well out there.

-Sacha

* note: The hubshells wil eventually get a matte clear. The scuff marks are there from pre-graphics app. sanding

1. The paint treatment on the forks looks awesome. As do the green DT Swiss hubs. Beautiful machines.

Comment by Brandon — April 2, 2010 @ 3:18 am

2. Can I change my mind on the CK hubs?

Comment by Jason Deslauriers — April 2, 2010 @ 4:47 am

3. Creamy celery is looking especially tasty. Incredible work.

Comment by Dean — April 2, 2010 @ 6:18 am

4. Amazing attention to detail. Most sex-ay!!!

Comment by RayA — April 2, 2010 @ 7:58 am

5. Hey Jason,

Not sure where things are at with your components. You should check in with Scott about options.

Thanks,

Comment by Sacha — April 2, 2010 @ 8:05 am

6. Thank you Sacha,

I was more joking around than inquiring. I would much rather have the CK’s painted like the ones on the Rapha cross bike. Maybe CK will make a paintable hub someday. Not holding my breath though.

Comment by Jason Deslauriers — April 2, 2010 @ 10:06 am

7. ahhhhhh.. got it. Hopefully we will be able to do the paint work with their hubs in the near future. Their my favorite for sure.

Have a great weekend, Jason.

Comment by Sacha — April 2, 2010 @ 11:15 pm

8. I like CK hubs but they are high maintenance. The DT hubs are almost as nice but very low maintenance(knock on wood..). So I like DT for road, CK for mountain.

Comment by tyler — April 3, 2010 @ 9:22 am

9. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by hellfirej — April 4, 2010 @ 9:31 am

10. You pumped? I’m pumped, let’s ride!

Comment by hellfirej — April 4, 2010 @ 9:32 am