Apr 20  |  Speedvagen in Japan

Posted by , April 20th, 2010 at 9:32PM

A pal sent this NAHBS coverage from Bicycle Club a Japanese cycling mag. I have no idea what it says, but I’m digging the layout, the colors and the way that they packed in lots of different elements of what we brought to represent our world at the bike show.

I’m pretty enamored with the Japanese culture. Perfectionism, honor, humility, respect and support of traditional crafts. I would love to spend some time there visiting other builders, walking neighborhoods. Cities. The country.

There have been different iterations of a Japanese handmade bicycle show over the years. That would be a good kick in the pants to make the trip.

anyhoo…

1. Very Cool! The layout is sweet.

Comment by Jason D — April 21, 2010 @ 12:54 pm

2. I am planning a trip with Shoko in July to Japan, you should come along! We will be visiting Tokyo and the North Honshu area (Osaka, Nagoya). Just a thought.

Comment by John C — April 21, 2010 @ 1:05 pm

3. huh. The last page with the application form photo reveals the SM color. Sneaky. Luckily I know some Japanese.

Comment by tyler — April 21, 2010 @ 6:05 pm

4. Is it the purple one?????

Comment by Mike — April 22, 2010 @ 7:19 am

5. Mike – The purple (I believe it’s actually Lavender) was for a customer who purchased a left over ‘cross frame from Sacha and let him run wild with it. I think Sacha stated it will be a stock color for the 2010 ‘cross frames.

I believe Tyler is joking about revealing the surprise me color. The form isn’t really legible in the photo.

Comment by Brandon — April 22, 2010 @ 8:27 am

6. Hey all. The lavender is actually a stock color for 2011 Speedvagen road, track, and cross. No SM! have been revealed yet.

Anyone getting excited yet!!!!???

Cheers, Scott

Comment by Scott Ramsey — April 22, 2010 @ 8:35 am

7. yeah I know I was trying to send someone on a wild goose chase and get them to translate the text.

Comment by tyler — April 22, 2010 @ 8:40 am