Feb 19  |  Welcome To Speedbloggen

Posted by , February 19th, 2010 at 11:10PM

From everyone at the Vanilla Workshop – Welcome at last to our blog. Speedbloggen is news, events, insights, interviews, profiles, photography and stories from the Vanilla Workshop. Which includes Coat, Vanilla and, of course, Speedvagen. We hope you enjoy this closer look at our work and collaborations, as well as our friends, family and customers.

At the moment, we’re working on our latest run of Road Machines due for completion in early spring, preparing for NAHBS in Richmond and getting ready to begin work in early May on our first ever run of Track Machines.

Speedvagen has become a major focus of the Vanilla Workshop, and as such, we’d like start Speedbloggen off with a look into the process of building a run of Machines. But first, images from a recent build session with guest Mike DeSalvo.

1. OK, can anybody pick out their frame from the labeled stack of tubes? I’m guessing I can identify mine from the lineup of frames – I doubt that too many other people ordered the Sasquatch size!

Comment by Steve Rice — February 23, 2010 @ 10:14 am

2. so did I so it could be either of us.

Comment by tyler — February 23, 2010 @ 10:32 pm

3. The “labeled stack of tubes photo” is gone. Mine could be 1 of 3 of the frame line-up photo.

I love that Speedvagen headtube for the track frame too.

Comment by brandon — February 24, 2010 @ 5:57 am

4. tyler,
    next you are going to tell me that you picked the Surprise Me color and that you live in KY – i was counting on having the only one of these around for a few hundred miles
    steve

Comment by Steve Rice — February 24, 2010 @ 8:00 am

5. SM and in Austin. We are all good. Perhaps that stack of tubes photo was from last year?

Comment by tyler — February 24, 2010 @ 11:42 am

6. Steve,

depending on where you live in KY, there may be other Vagen owners closer than you think ;-)

Comment by craig. — February 24, 2010 @ 2:36 pm

7. Tyler – Austin??? Can’t wait to get down there next week. Been going to Hellweek every year since ’03. One of my favorite weeks of the year.

Craig – There is no way that there is another Vagen owner in the thriving metropolis that is Shelbyville! – But I am only 25 miles from Louisville.

Comment by Steve Rice — March 1, 2010 @ 6:08 am